- I will not lie to my audience! Period. All my opinions and recommendations are entirely my own, they are not paid for.
- Any content on this blog, whether audio, video, or text was created for my audience and/or myself. If I ever create content for any other party, and if I choose to make that content part of the website, it will be obviously labeled as such.
- In the course of my job as Head Wine Guy at Walt Churchill's Market, I taste numerous wines that I did not 'pay for.' Some are sample sips given by distributors who would like to see their wine appear in the store. Sometimes I taste wines at large 'trade tastings.' Sometimes I taste wines when running a Walt Churchill's Market wine tasting. While this is a very nice thing, don't pretend that this is glamourous, or some sort of bribe. Wading through lots of pleasantly bland wines, two ounces at a time, is way less fun than it sounds.
- When traveling in wine country, being in the business means that I often get to taste for free at wineries. It is a nice perk, but does not sway my opinions on this blog.
- Understanding Wine HD doesn't rate wines. I educate, recommend, and hopefully inspire. I tend to praise rather than criticize.
- When producing video, it is actually illegal to produce video about a brand or person without their permission. So I tend to focus on introducing you to brands and wine people that I am already fans of. Don't mistake 'being a fan' for being 'in their pocket.'
- Walt Churchill's Market is frequently linked to and mentioned. That is because, being my employer, they are a big part of my wine experience. However, they are NOT sponsors of this blog nor do I produce it on their behalf. They do not control what I write, nor are they responsible if I say something really stupid.
If you need clarification, please email me at acbwine (at) gmail (dot) com.